Job ID : 1015
Industry : ENGINEERING
Category : HIGHWAY ENGINEER
Location : Qatar
Employer Type : Private
Employment Type : Temporory
Contract Duration : 6 Months
Application Deadline : 2019-07-25
• Proficient in Accident Investigation techniques, remedial measures, scheme implementation and monitoring evaluation of works including before and after studies.
• A background in assessing driver behavior and Crash or Forensic Investigation would be an advantage.
• Attended a minimum of 2 days of road safety related external training in the last 12 months.
• Proven history is conducting route studies, preparing crash investigation reports, the design of accident remedial schemes, the design of temporary management layouts and implementation of traffic diversion plans.
• Has completed recognized Road Safety Audit training and ideally a holder of a Certificate of Competency in Road Safety Auditing.
• The Road Safety Audit Engineer will have completed at least 10 Road Safety Audits delivered to a formal procedure in the last 12 - 24 months Audit proficiency of schemes should include a wide range of feasibility, design, construction and monitoring audits and in temporary traffic management.
• Has detailed knowledge of traffic data analysis and review of traffic impact assessment studies including relevant assessment software.
• Can demonstrate experience in the design of Temporary Traffic Management layouts and should have detailed knowledge of guidance in Qatar Work Zone Traffic Management Guide and UK Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual.
• Thorough knowledge of traffic control devices such as temporary safety barriers, speed controls, speed management measures, traffic signage, road furniture, road markings, pedestrian and cycle crossing measures, as well as infrastructure requirements for traffic signals and roundabouts.
• Knowledge of wide-ranging road safety issues relating complex layouts such as road tunnels under passes elevated road sections grade- separated interchanges and large traffic signal junctions.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Road Safety Engineering or another related field and 10 years of work experience in a similar role related to highways, temporary traffic management road safety engineering and road safety audits on a broad range of projects of varying degrees of complexity. Preference will be given to candidates with detailed experience on expressways and motorways.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to perform independently and work in a large multi-disciple team experience requirement - 1 to 10 years.